Friday, September 11, 2009

It has been a packed summer and for good reasons I have slacked on keeping up with posting photos. However the summer travels have also provided me with an armload of stories and pictures which I am about to share with you over the next weeks and months. Let's start here. Not two weeks ago, Liz, two close friends and I decided to take a road trip down to Mississippi for the Otha Turner Family Goat Roast. Otha Turner is a legend of the Mississippi Fife and Drum tradition. He started a tradition of family picnics which run to this day. The experience sent shivers down my spine. Life, reality and dreams mingle here. Time slows down, dreams grow roots. I met a man named R.L.. Something about him was really deep and simple, like his honesty of musical expression. RL doesn't play for money - he plays because that's where he is from and that's what he knows how to do.

1 comment: